Home & Property Insurance

Grey home with white trim and navy colored roof.

Home & Property Insurance coverage protects homeowners and property owners against financial losses resulting from damage or loss to their homes and other physical assets. This insurance typically covers damages caused by perils such as fire, theft, vandalism, natural disasters, and liability claims arising from accidents that occur on the insured property. Sanford, Bruker & Banks strives to provide appropriate protection that fits our client’s individualized needs.

Types of Home & Property Insurance

Homeowners: is a type of property insurance that provides financial protection to homeowners in the event of damage to their home or personal belongings, as well as liability coverage for accidents that occur on their property.

Mobile Home: is a specialized type of property insurance designed to protect owners of mobile or manufactured homes from various risks, including damage to the home and its contents, liability coverage, and additional living expenses in case of temporary displacement.

Condo: also known as condominium insurance or HO-6 insurance, is a policy that provides coverage specifically tailored for condominium unit owners. It typically offers protection for personal belongings, interior structures, liability coverage, and additional living expenses in case of a covered loss.

Landlord: is a policy designed to protect property owners who rent out their residential properties. It provides coverage for the physical structure of the rental property, as well as liability protection in case of accidents or injuries that occur on the property. Additionally, it may offer coverage for lost rental income due to the covered damage that render the property uninhabitable.

Renters: is a type of insurance policy that offers financial protection to individuals who are renting or leasing a residential property. It covers personal belongings against losses due to events like theft, fire, or vandalism, and it may also include liability coverage for accidents that occur within the rented space.

Flood: specialized insurance policy that provides financial protection against damage caused by flooding. It covers both the structure of a property and its contents, offering compensation for losses resulting from water inundation due to natural disasters or other events.

Earthquake: is a specific type of insurance that provides coverage for damages to a property caused by earthquakes. It helps property owners recover from the financial losses resulting from seismic events, covering repairs or rebuilding costs for the structure and its contents.

Farm and Ranch: specialized insurance policy designed to protect agricultural properties and operations. It provides coverage for farm structures, equipment, livestock, crops, and liability protection for farm-related activities, helping farmers and ranchers manage risks and financial losses associated with their operations.

Valuable Items (Jewelry/Fine Arts/Firearms): also known as Jewelry Insurance, Fine Arts Insurance, or Firearms Insurance, is a specific type of coverage designed to protect high-value and precious items from loss, theft, or damage. It provides additional coverage beyond what standard homeowners or renters insurance policies offer, ensuring these valuable possessions are adequately protected and their full value is reimbursed in case of covered incidents.

Dwelling Fire: is a policy that provides coverage for non-owner-occupied residential properties, such as rental homes, vacant properties, or secondary residences. It protects the physical structure of the dwelling from specific perils, like fire, lightning, windstorms, and vandalism, but typically does not cover the personal belongings of the occupants.

Umbrella Insurance: is a type of liability insurance that offers an extra layer of protection beyond the limits of standard home, auto, or boat insurance policies. It provides coverage for claims exceeding the primary policy limits, helping to safeguard personal assets and finances from significant lawsuits or liability claims.

Builder’s Risk: is a specialized policy that provides coverage for property owners, contractors, and developers during the construction or renovation of a building or structure. It protects against financial losses due to damage or loss of the project caused by perils like fire, theft, vandalism, or natural disasters, ensuring that the investment is safeguarded during the construction phase.

Vacant Property: is a policy designed to provide coverage for properties that are unoccupied and do not have regular occupants or tenants. It offers protection against risks like vandalism, theft, fire, and other damages, addressing the unique risks associated with vacant properties that are not adequately covered by standard homeowners or rental insurance.